Saturday, 15 March 2014

Everything's Gone Green

Well this week has been at bit uneventful at MOR. I have spent a couple of days nursing the mother and father of all migraines and have day-job work to catch up on this weekend as a consequence. However apart from seeing stars every time I moved it has been a nice week, The sun has been shining. The garden is starting to come to life. So are the weeds, how inconsiderate of them.  We have snowdrops, crocuses and daffodils and the trees are starting to bud. I love crocuses, they are so colourful and really cheer up the place.
Look the sun is shining and I have purple flowers!
So still not much going on on the sewing front but I did start doing a bit of forward planning with the lovely textile artists from F6 Studios in Newcastle. Very exciting stuff going on but I am keeping in under wraps just now so I have something to write about next week. I might even be doing some actual work!

So what have I been up to? Last weekend Sprogzilla and I went to the Newcastle Film and Comic Convention at the Metro Arena in Newcastle. It was the first one that they had done there so to be fair I don't think they were expecting the deluge of geeks (like us) so the queues were monumental, We waited for 4 hours to get in. Yes, that was 4 hours, but I am a sucker for the wee wobbly lip so queued we did.

Come in with your purse out.

Once we were in it was nice, warm and nice. There were all manner of stalls selling comics and collectibles, artists doing signings and actors from sci-fi programs, even a Doctor Who or two (but not the really good ones). Sprogzilla had her portrait drawn by lovely anime artist, Yishan Li. It is such a nice drawing and looks very like her. Sprogzilla was a bit shy talking to the comic artists but she really loves drawing comics and anime stuff so I think that she was mightily inspired. We bought loads of stuff, mostly for Sprogzilla although I got a book of classic Hammer Horror film posters. I am still such a sad goth sometimes. Well going to change tack a little so will post today's pics up tomorrow. Laters people.K xx

Drawing by Yishan Li from Newcastle Comic Con
Sprogzilla by Yishan li. 

2 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous picture of your daughter, I bet she'll treasure it for ever! FOUR hours? Bloody hell, you are a good mum, I would have said forget it and dealt with the tears! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you. I love it too. She was all awestruck with the artists. It was so sweet. I am definitely not a good mum, just a guilty one as I am away living out of a suitcase most weeks. She knows this and milks it for all it is worth. Bloody kids, too smart for their own good :) xx

      Delete